Sunday, October 5, 2008

Andy Warhol



"Before I was shot I always suspected I was watching TV instead of living life. Right when I was being shot, and ever since, I knew that I was watching television.' Andy Warhol, 1968

No artist living in the second half of the 20th century has made a deeper impression on popular culture than 
Andy Warhol (1928-1987). 40 years on from Warhol's first major exhibition in Europe, and his infamous shooting by Valerie Solanas, The Hayward presents a major exhibition that brings a fresh perspective to his work Andy Warhol: Other Voices, Other Rooms, 7 October 2008 – 18 January 2009

Visitors will be immersed in Warhol's way of thinking and working through the exciting multi-media installation which will transform the gallery. Paintings and prints of famous icons including Marilyn Monroe and Campbell's soup tins, will be shown alongside video, TV programmes, films, Polaroid photos, delicate drawings, album covers and wallpaper patterns. This vivid presentation reflects Warhol's egalitarian maxim, '
all is pretty'; with all media presented on the same level.

No comments: